|Photo inspiration from www.kitchensimplicity.com|
No attempt at a PUN, clever introduction or back story for this recipe. Its just a great, simple recipe.
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tbsp Vanilla
4 Cups Oats
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Walnuts
1/2 Cup Coconut
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cloves
1 Cup Craisins
- Combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a pot and bring to a simmer on the stove.
- In a separate bowl add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the craisins (the craisins get added after it comes out of the oven).
- Once the pot on the stove has come to a simmer, stir it, and add the bowl of dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spread the mixture out over 2 lined cookies sheets and bake at 325 for about 25 minutes or until the oats are browned. You have to take the cookie sheets out and stir them 2-3 times while they are baking.
- Once they are done, put the mixture back in the bowl and add the craisins. Stir it well and allow it to cool completely before storing.
- The granola will keep up to a month in an air tight container.
Another great idea for this is to give it away as a gift. People love getting homemade gifts and this is a great one, because you can mail it across the world. Put the granola in a mason jar and cover it with some cloth and you have a great, inexpensive homemade gift that people will love.