Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cheesy Tomato Bruschetta


If I had to choose my last meal ever, there is a good chance that bruschetta would be the starter. I love it. I know that my "Cheesy Bruschetta" isn't the traditional way the Italians serve it, but I don't care. I think serving it warm with melted cheese on top really adds to the dish.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 Cup diced tomato
1/4 Cup diced onion
2 Cloves diced garlic
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 Cup dried basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Loaf baguette bread
Butter




Any tomato will work, but I prefer to use firm vine ripened tomatoes.


Add the diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, and basil in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and put aside for at least an hour to let all the flavours to come together. Over night in the fridge is ideal.


Cut the baguette on an angle in 1/2 inch slices and butter one side of the bread. Put the bread in a 400 degree oven until the butter has melted.

Place some of the tomato mixture on a slice of bread
Add some fresh grated parmesan cheese
Then add some mozzarella cheese
Put the bread back in the oven until the cheese has melted

Serve right away while the cheese is still hot. 

This is will make about 8 - 10 slices of Cheesy Bruschetta bread.



2 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! Love the combination of ingredients, going to have to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheryl. Try it, I promise you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...