Tuesday, May 29, 2012

White Chocolate, Walnut & Cranberry Cookies


This might be the best cookie I have ever tasted. I consider myself a cookie aficionado and I declare this a seriously good cookie that will knock your socks off.

A little history about it...

When I settled into life in Calgary after moving from Nova Scotia, I started taking cooking classes at the Cookbook Company. Cooking quickly became a very fun hobby. I would take classes on many different topics such as homemade fresh pasta, over-night bread making, how to make risotto, etc...

I found myself at the Cookbook Company quite a bit so I offered to become a volunteer there. One of the first people I met who worked there was a lady named Georgia. She was extremely welcoming and kind to me back then.

Fast forward a few years and I've become friends with Georgia and her family. On a recent visit to her house at one of her family gatherings, she had plates of the these cookies in every room. This recipe was originally her mothers and I discovered that these cookies are legendary in her family. After one bite I knew why.

She was kind enough to email me the recipe. She comes from a very big family and she's used to cooking for a big crowd so I had to cut her original recipe in half and just for an extra punch I added a few extra walnuts and dried cranberries.

If you found your way here from Pinterest, welcome! Feel free to leave a comment if you try these cookies or any other recipe.


Georgia's White Chocolate, Walnut & Cranberry Cookies

2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Oatmeal

Preheat oven 350F. Mix dry ingredients well and set aside. 

1 cup Butter Flavoured Crisco
2 Large Eggs
1 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (tightly packed)
2 tsp Vanilla

Cream together until light and fluffy. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed butter mixture.

1 cup White Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Walnuts (toast them in the over      for a few minutes first)
3/4 cup. Dried Cranberries

Add the chocolate chips, nuts and cranberries and mix until just blended. Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.





1 comment:

  1. White chocolate and cranberries are a classic combination, but I love the idea of adding walnuts too. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...