Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Brand New Knife

Generally speaking, hockey players are picky about their sticks, musicians are fussy when it comes to their instruments, and chefs are notoriously crazy about their knives.


Yet again, I found myself in the right place at the right time. I really don't know how it keeps happening to me. This story is similar to my Dairy Queen Story.


My neighbour is a retired university professor who makes custom, high-end, hand made knives as a past time. He mostly makes hunting knives, but I asked him if he would make me a really nice chef's knife and he said no problem. Tonight he knocked on my door and dropped off this beauty. It is a custom, hand made Santoku knife using steel imported from Japan. These knives are primarily used for slicing, dicing and mincing. 


I gave it a quick test tonight and I was truly delighted with it. I can't wait to really put it through the ringer. Is it weird that I get excited about using a new knife?


If you are interested in a buying a knife like this, email me and I can put you in touch with my neighbour.


This knife will be around long after I am gone. Hopefully that isn't for a long time yet. 








1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam,
    That knife looks awesome ... I'd definitely be interested. Could I get his contact info? Cam's becoming a great cook - that might be the perfect Father's Day or Christmas present.
    Thanks,
    Michelle (25)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...